Thursday, April 7, 2011

Death

The news of an SIA steward who was found dead 3 days later had been quite disturbing to me. Well not really his death that disturbed, the thinking that the same thing might happened to me and it could had been worse. I am not trying to be insensitive about him. Well hope that he will rest in peace.

As a student who is currently taking Master with thesis and is thinking of furthering for PhD, it is easy to guess that I am aiming for a career as a lecturer or researcher.

Let say in future, I worked far from home, living alone with my cats. If anything is to happen to me, I dun think anyone will know about it. I might have rotted for 6 months before someone found out about me. My mum would think that I am too busy with my work and will leave me alone. My brother who will be a navigator captain won't be on shore for at least 4 months. Mr Pebbles may be too hungry and eat my fingers then run away looking for new owner. My faculty won't give a damn about my absence and my paycheck will keep roll in - even after my "death". The only reason people would look for me will be because my student need my signature for their progress report and since they can't find me, they will start to ask around and come to my house just to know about my well-being.

For now, I called home once in 2 weeks. Sometimes once in a month. Go back to my hometown twice a year, each time won't stay longer than 1 week. To be frank, I prefer to stay here, away from home. I feel more free. Dun have to be nag, dun have to be controlled and can do whatever i want (provided I have the cash). It is clear that in the future, I will come back to KL to stay here or at least go to Kuching.

Well in the end, everyone dies - sooner or later, in happiness or in sadness, in regret or in enlightenment, painless or long painful death, beautiful or ugly death, accident or natural death, everyone will die eventually. Maybe unlike before, my life is all mine now, I no longer have the thinking that my life belongs to others. Seems like life is empty, nothing is scary anymore, not even being alone. So for now, I am ready if I am to die today. Regrets? I have a few, but then again too few to mention. We won't know when our time would be. *puff, our candle of life can just gone like that.

*********
"We cant predict whats gonna happened, as long as we live happily and never ill-treat ourselves, I guess we will die without regret!"
Ray Brixton 

13 comments:

  1. Live each day to the fullest. Then nothing is lost, whatever may come tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear somewhere in there are lyrics to My Way. lol.

    Glad your sense of independence is building up so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm in the same situation .. i stay alone.. n always stay home.. not close with neighbours..
    so i gave a very important task to my best friend.. that to call me every night before he goes to sleep to ask me ..
    " 你死佐未? " lol ;p

    ( no joke.. i seriously told him this...;p )

    ReplyDelete
  4. he kinda hot lor... for someone so old :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can read this book,it's very helpful:

    The Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die by John Izzo

    i have 2 cats,they are such a wonderful pet.i love them unconditionally <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found the newspaper article sad. Not so much because he died but because you instantly know he's gay without the article even saying it. 'lives alone', 'not close to his parents' etc - made me sad because (and I'm guessing) it means he told his parents and they pushed him away. It's a pity that isn't the angle the papers take. It should be a warning to parents to love your kids unconditionally because you don't know how much time you will have with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those who stay at home long for freedom. Those who stay away from home, long for the warmth of family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should call home more often...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanna be a lecturer too... :) Or maybe as a researcher... hahahah.. keep it up....

    ReplyDelete
  10. @carpe diem: Strongly agree. *Give me 5

    @Deicidal: Frank Sinatra is 1 of my favorite singer. hahaha, you noticed it. Hahahaha

    @Danny: Seriously? tats a good idea oso. ^^

    @Tuls: who's hot???

    @Ash: Cats are so adorable!!! Can read the book online or have to buy?

    @William: It's true. There's nothing wrong with my family, just that i prefer to live far from them. maybe same taman but not the same house.

    @Chen Xing: last time I called them 3 times in 1 week, my mum said dun waste too much credit by calling home. Only call when there are emergency or got important news...

    @Calvin: *Give me 5! Ekk, I tot u want to be a doctor???

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Splantz: Thanks for dropping by. I dunno that much about the deceased. However you got your point there. Maybe your guess is right or maybe it is just an assumption. However, if it is my case, I will choose to stay alone, regarding my sexuality, they won't disown me because I will never come out to them. I also dunno if the deceased ever come out to his family or not. but whatever it is, hope that his soul will rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I brought them,not sure if there's an online book of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. live each day to the fullest..

    ReplyDelete