Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pasta-ing

First of all, I would like to apologize for not updating my blog for a while. A busy week coz helping my supervisor preparing her presentation slide to Taiwan.

During the weekend, I go surveying for spaghetti. So on Friday, I go try MV's Delicious' Duck Confit Spaghetti and on Saturday, I go tried 1U's The Italiannese. Some may ask why go 1U for The Italiannese since MV also got, well 1st, I never went to 1U before, so, I went to survey the place with a friend to walk me around.  2nd, I remember Carpe Diem mentioning about The Checkers at Damansara Height, so was thinking of going there for dinner, well turns out having Karaoke with friends instead.

Review:
First of all, due to my own diet programme, my food portion had shrink on its own. a plate of pasta seems too much for me so, I had to share that friend of mine with the plate of pasta I was eating. Amazingly, I was full the whole day.

Duck Confit Spaghetti:

The taste is "special". I mean, I never had tasted this type of spaghetti before. let divide the spaghetti into 3 parts - the pasta and the duck confit . The pasta (or should I say noodle) is nicely cooked, Neither too soggy, nor too hard to chew, just nice. 8/10
The duck confit - to me, the taste is really nice. served together with the sun-dried tomato, it is really nice and would like to make you taste it more. 8.5/10
Personally, I like the taste. 8/10 for overall. 
But the gravy is a bit oily - a category which my Dear don't like.
But I bet, he never tried this type of taste before, so I will definitely bring him here next week. 
Price: RM 24.90

The Death by Iced Chocolate
Not recommended for consumption.
Price: 10.90 

The Italiannese
My cousin suggest me this place. She mention something about Set A which cost RM60, but can feed up to 3 ppl. Well, I went there on Saturday, I can't find set A, instead i order the promotion 2 course meal. 

The two course I ordered are Penne Bolognese as the main course and Pizza Caprese. 
Penne Bolognese: The exact taste that my Dear would love. Soury. With the blend of the beef and tomato. I think for the Italian food, he never tried anything non-noodle like. So it will be a new experience for him. 
The pasta: I can't rate it because I would be bias since i can't compare with other samples. 
The meat sauce: Well, I like the taste. 7.5/10

Personally, I also like this pasta. The meat sauce is quite nice. but the portion quite big.
7.5/10 
He would love this pasta. I mean this is the type that he liked
Beefy, tomato, spaghetti
Some pasta, he complaint not that generous with the tomato puree and beef. but this definitely will 
make to his heart content. 
Iced Caffe' macchiato 
.....
no comment
....
better order fruit juice
The thin crust pizza is quite nice.
I added the meat sauce to make it tastier. 

Conclusion:
If we go to MV, I will bring him to the Delicious' cafe and Alexis. If we were to go to Damansara I will bring hi to Studio 89, ekk, I mean to the Italiannese at 1U.
Today? Today is a rest day for me~
4 more nights till he reached KL~ 




8 comments:

  1. lol... some of the pasta from pasta zanmai not bad! XD you can go to 1U then to Uptown then to MV again XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...so delicious...pasta like spaghetti is my favourite food :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must understand how duck confit is made. The oil is full of flavour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. since when ur back in my? tot ur working in sg... lolx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jason: owh, k, will take note for future reference. but, I am still noob about KL road de lol.
    @Zidane: my bro and dear de favourite food.
    @William: Ya, agree with that. Thx for the recommendation. Sure will go again this Friday.
    @Koala: Sg? Nvr went there before in my life leh. Currently, I am studying in UPM there.
    @Savante: Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. iam a reular customer at both... more of a fan of delicious though... death by chocolate is damn nice but dddaaaaammmmnnnn sinful.. i feel very full after tat drink lolx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, those time are my first time going those places. but, I found the Death sinfully fattening. Should have order fruit juice though

    ReplyDelete