Thursday, November 18, 2010

Piece of thought and karaoke session

I wonder how many of you ever thought, for example, let say cancer, will you tell your family and friends that you have one?

Let say, you already in the final stage and there is no hope for recovery, will you break the news to your family and friends? For me, if I am to be diagnose for one (touch wood), and I will be the only person who knew it beside my doctor, I will not tell my family.

My best friend died of one, few of my family members also died of it. I had seen their pain and suffering during the chemotherapy. I was told also, it will be more painful death if you don't do any treatment. But it will be more painful to see ur mum wept for you even before u die. If I am to be in that situation, I will not take chemo. People will die eventually, I will choose a more natural way.

They may have the right to know, but to see them happy and lead normal life before your  "departure" will be the priority.

Now come 1 important part, what about your darkest secret? Your parents' son is a gay, will you go out of closet to your family if you were told to only have let say 3 more months to go? Some of us opt to bring our secret to our grave, so that our parents' son is remembered to be a good son, who don't have the chance to get married, having kid due to sickness.  Some will bet and put it all in. Knowing there is nothing to lose. What will you choose?

For those who have a couple or a partner, how will your family treat them? Will they accept the person as their "in-law"? Will they let him to mourn for you as your "spouse"? Uncertainty, uncertainty, uncertainty....
At least Leslie Cheung managed to let his lover to mourn for him as his spouse.
Just to think of.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Last Tuesday, I went for karaoke with PP at Neway, his first time going karaoke. We went with our housemate. Had a hard time to bring him for karaoke. He said, he was phobia with mic wor, shy to sing with friend wor. But then manage to convince him jugalah, My persuasive power was quite amazing.

Anyway, my compulsory songs are:
1 无可救药 - 品冠
2 江湖笑 - 周华健
3 So What - Pink
4. My Way - Frank Sinatra
5. New York, New York - Frank Sinatra
6. It's my life - Bon Jovi
etc etc.... (the songs are quite old =.=")

That night we sang duet for
1. Love me tender - Elvis?!!!
2. Beauty and the beast - Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson
3. At the beginning - Richard Marx and forgot-who-liao

Then he sang a song for me... wonder it has hidden meaning or not?
1. 来不及 - 罗忆诗

I video taped it as this is "supposed" to be his solo song till interrupted by my other housemate.
I never heard this song before. So I didn't check the lyric, just now I watch the youtube version, seems like the song is quite sad. Dunno is a good sign or a bad one?

Anyway, 7 hours of karaoke session 7:45 till 3 a.m.


The song he sang

4 comments:

  1. i think i wont tell my family bout it, but will probably tell my partner bout it. I just feel no matter how there should be someone you love to handle and share the burden with you,at least the pain will ease abit if it's final stage. ><

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would tell everybody so that they would have enough time to settle and do whatever they need. A surprise departure is as shocking as telling them the news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well... don't think I wanna tell my family about it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would choose to fade away like a shadow. Slowly enter the realm of oblivion.

    ReplyDelete