Monday, November 22, 2010

Laksa and mee curry

I missed Sarawak laksa very very much. Some of my friend told me that curry mee in Serdang taste almost the same but well, to me..... they are not!!!

I had not been to Kuching for almost 5 years liao. If you guys have the chance of going to Kuching, please don't miss a chance of going to the Golden Arch which is at the third miles. They offer you one of the best Sarawak Laksa and the prawns are very big and delicious. The gravy.... are to die for. I missed the good old day. One of my friend's family had been in laksa business for many years. He once told me, prawns shell are mixed into the gravy to enhance the taste and also to reduce the oily/greasy taste of the gravy. It is quite true as some laksa vendor sell very oily laksa thus make us potong steam.

Curry Mee in the other hand, is still okay. But till now, all the curry mee I had eaten are greasy. The taste is almost similar to Sarawak laksa but, they are not the same. Next month holiday, must go eat laksa.

8 comments:

  1. Sarawak Laksa has a distinct strangeness. I have not found it in KL yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarawak laksa and kolok mee, 2 things I like the most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So why not fly over to Sarawak and taste it again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah reading your blog at 5am makes me hungry. gosh i really really miss laksa! *drools*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not been to Kch before and it still make me curious how the real kolo mee and the curry noodle taste like...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @William: Ya, and it is very special.
    @Vincent: in Sibu, they call it Kampua. hahaha. Missed it in UK?
    @Legolas: me too.
    @Savante: got the laksa in my hometown, but the taste is incomparable to the one in Kuching. to go to Kuching, will take me another 10 hours bus ride. Will be going back to S'wak for X'mas and New Year.
    @Kelson: Yo, too bad, cannot tapau it from S'wak. The smell will be too strong to enter the flight.
    @Pikey: Hard to describe it in word. Anywhere in S'wak also got kolo mee or kampua mee some of us call it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. actually i tapau-ed before, quite a few times!!!!! :D but ever since i took this new direct flight, i never tapau it anymore, cause international flight won't allow liquid on flight :( but kolomee is still a must whenever i fly off from home!

    ReplyDelete