Saturday, May 7, 2011

Thing I can't eat

Few days ago, I went to Klang. My friend treat me for the local delicacies there.  1 of the local delicacies is the Sek Pan fish....

Little that I know, Sek Pan is in fact a type of grouper or Kerapu. It is 1 of the things that I cannot eat. After eating, I feel itch all over my body and it still continue but now it is a bit better. Maybe kerapu is a type of allergy to our family instead of curse? 

My uncle, also once ate kerapu, he develop few whitish spots on his arms and legs. It remained for him since 20 years ago - luckily he already got married earlier before have the spots. 

Not all melanau cannot eat kerapu, only some families - my father and mother's side both also cannot eat kerapu. Lucky for me, I only eat very little if not... i will be a leopard man...... 

Next, people in my kampung cannot eat venison or the deer meat. There was a story where our ancestor found our village with the help of the deer and in return, our ancestor oath not to eat deer meat as a sign of gratitude. True enough, some of people who accidentally ate deer meat before will face their consequences. For married ladies, they will die during labor. For others (unmarry lady, guy and marry guy) they will die unnatural death.

Same goes to certain type of mango. These mango are only found in Sarawak's forest. 
There are also few types of fish which will causes us bone ache. my mum advise is, just eat fish tat we ate before and dun cincai cincai eat other fish tat we never tried before.  

Eventhough it sounded a bit weird, but the thing is, bad things do happen when we don't follow the warning that our ancestors passed down to us. So unbelievable? Believe it......

*******

Quote of the day:
"its very rare that i don’t like someone… if i don’t like someone, that means the person got some serious problem"
Justin 

"Seeing is believing? Wait till it happens to you and you will understand the meaning of regret"
Anonymous 


 

4 comments:

  1. Grrr..leopard man..

    Better to follow what the old folks said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya... insaf liao..... now better liao. Thx goodness!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things i cant eat is fast foods,if i eat usually will have acne on my face=.=

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahahahaha, Ash!! That happen to me if I eat beans. I totally stopped eating KFC and McD.

    ReplyDelete