Saturday, September 18, 2010

KL, Food and I (2)

This post is again related to my first visit to KL 3 years ago.

After my trip, I will be back to Sarawak for my practical course which is in Mukah and will it will ate up my whole holiday period. So I will have to be careful with my budget even though Uncle Lim had given me extra to spend. If you all remember, during that period, the petrol price also hike up. But that will be another different story.

In Sarawak, fast food outlet that we have (during that time) are KFC, Pizza Hut, Marrie Brown (Miri and Bintulu only), Mc Donald (Miri, Sibu and Kch only) and Sugarbun (not available in peninsular). So as for the remaining 3 days, I also spend a bit of time at Papa John, Dunkin' Donut and other outlets. Oh ya, we also don't have Star Buck in Sarawak. A big state but very limited choice of places to go.

I was staying at Tunes Hotel in this Medan Tuanku during that period. As a student with big budget in hand I also did some shopping. The most memorable place I shopped at is at the Sogos. Ulu people in KL memang like that 1.

Shopping punya shopping, I did not forget to buy my PP punya clothing. Ya, we had just started to have relationship that time. He is taller than me about 174 and is very very slim. Luckily, CS is having the same body size. If not, I would have to guess his shirts, and pants size. Well I bought those as a surprise for him and guess what all those cloth really fits when I reach Sarawak.

My last dinner in KL (during the trip) is at Jalan Alor at Bukit Bintang. I can remember the crabs, the prawns and also the price tag. But again thanks to Uncle Lim ^^ - I barely brought back RM 2000+ and barely survived my practical due to the increase in petrol price.

So there goes my first trip to KL. Oh ya, PP didn't join the trip because our time table are different. During the trip, he was having his final semester examination and ended when we head back to Sarawak. I would have been great if he was to join us. But after my practical, I also prepared a surprise for him - using my influence, I manage to switch blocks and become his room mate - commemorate the starting of my most unforgettable final year in my campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment