Friday, September 17, 2010

KL, Food and I (1)

I am from Sarawak. I like good food. However, in Sarawak, if you don't know how to search, you won't be able to find a good place to eat.

My first time to KL is in the year 2007. 6 days 5 nights trip. The trip was joined by HK, his younger brother and sister, his gf, his two other friends -which I had forgotten their name, XY and me. My first night is spent at none other on Genting. Stayed there for 2 nights. The next 3 nights is spent in KL at Tunes Hotel.

As a student, my budget is not that much - planning for RM500 for the whole course (include flight ticket). However as a person who grew up in a family exposed to all types of gambling, I manage to get Mr Lim Goh Tong to sponsor my trip there. So instead of RM 500 for whole trip, I got a whooping RM 5000 for the whole trip.

One of my friend, HK mentioned about a place famous of sushi buffet in Bukit Bintang. So I surfed the internet and found out the place is called Jogoya. Thats how I first fell in love with Jogoya. On the night going to Jogoya, HK ffk (fong fei kay) and instead he went to Sunway. So in the end, I went there with XY and a friend who just arrived to KL, my current housemate, CS.

In Sarawak, sushi is not really easy to find compare to nowadays. Before that visit, I only ate cucumber sushi from my school fair (sad right?). My first dish in Jogoya is the salmon sushi and other sushi. Some may say I am stupid, but come on, as a person who never tasted sushi before, that justified my choice.

Next stop is Oyster and other sashimi. In the same time, I also ordered hand rolls, shark fin soups and the chicken soups. 1 specialty in Jogoya is the coconut. very refreshing. Besides that is the Haargen daz ice cream ^^ .

I had been searching for the pix from that trip but seems like, the pictures had been gone forever.

Well so far I had been to Jogoya for 3 times. i wonder when will be my next time to Jogoya.  

2 comments:

  1. let's go :)

    jogoya is a bit overrated.. hahah.. try Tao at Giza.. its cheaper, but equally okay lah...

    or if u have RM4,500 extra, splurge it on this jap restaurant in shangri-la hotel.. i forgot the name.. but yea.. they are all sushi buffet.. and not only sushi la.. its like.. anything and everything japanese... for about rm140 per head net i think... forgotte.. been there a couple times...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohw, can be taken as my future reference. Had you been to Midori Jap buffet? the one at Putrajaya Marriot Hotel?

    ReplyDelete